Relationships Reset - Week 2 Never stop pursuing your spouse.
Review this week's message.
Key Scriptures (See bottom of page for full scriptures)
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
Never stop pursuing your spouse.
- Share a relationship story in which there was unequal pursuit.
- Share what it feels like to be the object of someone’s hot pursuit.
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- What do people pursue more than their spouse?
- What happens when we compare others to caricatures (celebrities, models, athletes, etc.)
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Who are you going to invest good into this week?
- Share something good you often think about another group member.
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Father, thank you for loving us. Thank you for giving us the ability to have relationship with You and one another. Please, help us to remember to prioritize You first, our spouse second, and everything else after that. In Jesus name, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Men, make a list of what you love about your wife and tell her daily “I love you because…” and change the answer each time.
- Women, make a list of where your husband wins and tell him daily “I believe in you because…” and change the answer each time.
Genesis 2:24 NIV - ”That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.”
Psalm 63:8 TLB - ”I follow close behind you, protected by your strong right arm.”
Job 41:17 NIV - “They are joined fast to one another; they cling together and cannot be parted.”
Judges 20:45 NKJV - “Then theyturned and fled toward the wilderness to the rock of Rimmon; and they cut down five thousand of them on the highways. Then they pursued them relentlessly up to Gidom, and killed two thousand of them.”
Hebrews 3:13 NIV - “But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.”
James 4:17 MSG - “As it is, you are full of your grandiose selves. All such vaunting self-importance is evil. In fact, if you know the right thing to do and don’t do it, that, for you, is evil.”
Revelation 2:5 NIV - “Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lamp stand from its place.”
Ephesians 5:22-25 NIRV - “Wives, follow the lead of your own husbands as you follow the Lord. The husband is the head of the wife, just as Christ is the head of the church. The church is Christ’s body. He is its Savior. The church follows the lead of Christ. In the same way, wives should follow the lead of their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives. Love them just as Christ loved the church. He gave himself up for her.”